Care Assistant- Days
Salary & Benefits
£8.32 per hour
Care Assistants - Days
Full & Part time
Oaklands House is a 29 bed residential home in Southwold that provides hotel-style accommodation, which makes it an ideal choice for anyone seeking a high quality lifestyle in their later years. The handsome entrance hall leads on to a number of exquisite reception rooms. Oaklands House has a unique location in the Suffolk countryside amongst a wide range of flora and fauna. This care home in Southwold has extensive views over the tree-lined gardens, which also provide a perfect setting for walks or relaxation.
The hours for this home are flexible as per the below shifts-
Including alternate weekends
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Assisting residents in bathing, dressing and general mobility in accordance to their individual plan of care.
- Assisting residents in their personal hygiene requirements in accordance to their individual plan of care.
- Assisting residents with their continence requirements in accordance to their individual plan of care.
- Reporting any changes in residents’ health or behaviour to your immediate supervisor.
- Working with all other staff to ensure a happy, clean, dignified and safe environment for the residents.
- Assist with general cleaning, tidying and kitchen duties.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Previous experience working within an elderly care environment desirable but not always necessary.
- Understand care planning process and experience of writing care plans.
- Knowledge of regulatory framework.
Skills and Abilities:
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to take a pro-active approach
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent attendance and time keeping record
- Flexible approach to work
- Self motivated