Salary & Benefits
£9.00 per hour & £10 per hour at weekends
The Old Vicarage, Sherborne, Dorset
32 hours per week
Set in secluded, beautifully landscaped gardens, woodland and meadow, and with stunning views overlooking the Dorset countryside, it’s hard to resist the charms of the Old Vicarage. As soon as you step through the front door of this charming country house, you’ll discover an oasis of comfort, warmth, calm and relaxation.
This role is working 32 hours per week and every other weekend. The rate of pay is £9.00 per hour and £10.00 per hour at weekends.
The Old Vicarage has 40 comfortable, modern en-suite rooms, all with free Wi-Fi and telephones.
As a Cook with Healthcare Homes you will demonstrate creative flair, nutritional understanding and leadership skills, combined with a genuine interest in the people we support. Highly valued and popular with residents, families and staff, our chefs are key personalities within our homes.
Skills and experience for the Cook opportunity;
- Previous experience working as a professional Chef/Cook within an elderly care environment is desirable.
- Experience of designing and cooking nutritionally balanced meals incorporating any specific dietary requirements.
- Excellent planning, organisational and presentation skills.
- To be able to demonstrate an ability to ensure confidentiality.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- An ability to take a pro-active approach.
- Excellent attendance and time keeping record.
- Flexible approach to work and ability to manage, prioritise and work to deadlines
- Being able to work flexible hours across all shifts.
- To wash up all crockery, cutlery and utensils used by the kitchen, residents, staff and visitors.
- To ensure basic maintenance/hygiene of all kitchen and dining room equipment to include serving trolleys, place mats, trays and dining room furniture.
- The preparation and delivery of drinks as required by the residents.
- Previous experience working within an elderly care environment is desirable.
- A proven ability to work as part of a team.
This is a fantastic time to join Healthcare Homes, as we continue to grow and develop our services. If you have the unique qualities required for this exciting role and want to work with an organisation that provides the type of care you’d expect for your loved ones, we would welcome your application.
The successful Cook will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check
Healthcare Homes is an equal opportunities employer and regulated by CQC.