Medication Officer (Swaffham Branch)
Dereham, Fakenham & surrounding areas
Salary & Benefits
£9.40 per hour, plus paid travel and mileage
Medication Officer - Swaffham Branch
30 hours per week
Dereham, Fakenham and surrounding areas
To supervise operational staff and provide support to the co-ordinators ensuring quality and consistency of service provision at all times.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- To provide support to co-ordinator and Branch Manager as and when required.
- To undertake any initial investigations relating to complaints or disciplinary matters. To investigate matters confidentially, compassionately and fairly. Recording findings in the correct format and reporting to the Registered Manager so that action can be taken if required.
- Ensure that MAR charts are collected and audited monthly.
- Compile and send out to care workers reports of any errors on the appropriate forms, and arrange to meet with care workers to explain if needed.
- Keep a comprehensive record of all issues relating to medication and ensure notes are added to the Staff Plan Journal as necessary.
- To be an integral part of the on-call rota.
- Co-ordinate any medication changes that arise throughout the week
- Organise care workers availability for any medication training courses that need to be completed.
- Make frequent checks on the information provided to service users, ensuring they have the most up to date version, this includes the company’s policies and procedures.
- To carry out spot checks on staff allocated to your team to ensure all expected duties have been carried out and the individual in receipt of our services is satisfied with the service.
- To oversee training of new care staff allocated to your area and provide progress feedback reports and assessments as needed.
- To assist and provide additional support to the local office as and when required including covering calls in emergencies.
- Attend unscheduled reviews, assessments and meetings as required, including meetings with district nurses and/or GPs.
- Report any concerns regarding care workers or service users & Inform care staff of any changes or updated information.
- File all completed MAR charts in service user’s folders.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Respect the confidentiality of information in line with the Data Protection Act at all times.
- Ensure the dignity and respect of every service user is maintained at all times.
- Travel as required within the area and other areas within the company for business and training.
- This list is not exhaustive and you may need to carry out other duties within the remit of the role.
Health and safety:
Co-operate with the employer to ensure compliance with health and safety legislation and the health and safety policies and procedures, not intentionally or recklessly interfere with, or misuse, anything provided in the interests of health, safety or welfare, in pursuance of the relevant statutory provisions.
Knowledge and Experience:
Previous supervisory experience.
Previous experience working within the homecare industry.
- Working knowledge of regulatory frameworks and regulatory body inspection processes and documentation.
- Good working knowledge of IT systems.
Skills and Abilities:
- Develop good and effective relationships with all aspects of the business internally and externally.
- Demonstrate an ability to ensure confidentiality.
- Ability to lead, coach and inspire others.
- Persuasive and effective influencing skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to take a pro-active approach
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to problem solve
- Excellent attendance and time keeping record
- Attention to detail
- Ability to achieve results
- Flexible approach to work and manage, prioritise and work to deadlines
General educational qualifications
- Level 2 Health & Social Care certificate and working towards Level 3 is desirable.
- Full driving licence and access to a vehicle is essential.