Bury St Edmunds
Salary & Benefits
£9.00 per hour
30 hours per week
£9.00 per hour
When we launched Healthcare Homes in 2005, our main objectives were to create an environment where residents receive the highest standards of care; where dignity is respected; where talents and interests are encouraged; and where life is lived to its fullest potential.
We have remained 100% focused to these objectives, and today continue to deliver the highest quality residential and nursing care to all residents who live in any one of our 37 homes across the South East.
Fornham House is situated in the picturesque village of Fornham St Martin, just a couple of miles from the centre of Bury St Edmunds. Set in extensive grounds with views over the surrounding countryside, our residents can relax in seating areas surrounded by colourful flower beds and mature trees. The village fete is held on alternate years at the home ensuring our links are maintained with the local community. This is a 73 bed residential care home.
This role will be 30 hours per week working 8am till 2pm.
Responsibilities of our Head Housekeeper;
- To assist and oversee the delivery of a high standard of cleanliness to the home and ensure this is carried out in a sensitive style taking into account resident’s personal considerations via supervision of the domestic team.
- To supervise the domestic team and ensure they are working within the regulatory standards.
- To undertake the responsibility of safe use and storage of all cleaning products and chemicals as per COSHH regulations.
- Keep up to date with all mandatory training to ensure the safety of all who live, work and visit the home.
- Assist with recruitment, training and supervision of domestic staff.
- To assist with rota, annual leave, absence of domestic staff, maintaining all documentation and keeping within company staff budgets.
- To include vacuuming, sweeping, shampooing and washing of floors surfaces. Dusting, polishing and cleaning of all surfaces, skirting and window ledges. Spring cleans of all rooms with careful attention to resident’s rooms with sensitivity to their personal property. Maintaining cleaning schedules.
- To order domestic supplies within company set budgets.
This is a fantastic time to join Healthcare Homes, as we continue to grow and develop our services. If you have the unique qualities required for this exciting role and want to work with an organisation that provides the type of care you’d expect for your loved ones, we would welcome your application.
The successful Housekeeper will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check
Healthcare Homes is an equal opportunities employer and regulated by CQC.