Deputy Manager - Home Close
Salary & Benefits
£37,000 - £40,000 per annum (dependant on experience)
Deputy Manager- Home Close
£37,000 - 40,000 per annum (dependant on experience)
Home Close is in a quiet location on the outskirts of Cambridge yet within easy reach of the A14 and served by good public transport links. Home Close is a 72 bed care home with a nursing and dementia care.
We are looking for a Deputy Manager to join our team. The Deputy Manager will have previous experience in a care home management and a Registered Nurse with a valid PIN.
Key responsibilities of a Deputy Manager:
- Administer and order medicines as required by the home in accordance with the homes’ policies and procedures.
- Assist the Manager to produce and maintain systems and procedures for auditing and assuring quality of care provided by the home
- Work within the NMC codes of conduct
- Provide support and professional supervision to care staff and nursing staff as appropriate.
- Ensure effective communication with relatives and other healthcare professionals.
- Ensure confidentiality regarding all aspects of care and management of the home is maintained.
- Assessing and responding to clinical risk, and having a good understanding of the regulatory framework.
Full Time position to include weekend and occasional night shifts as required. Some supernumerary hours included.
Skills and experience:
- Understand care planning processes and have experience of writing care plans.
- Experience of working with residents with various health needs.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Ability to lead, coach and develop staff.
- A proven ability to work as part of a team.
- Self-motivated and flexible.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to contribute to, monitor and implement changes that improvement service delivery and outcomes for residents.
- Registered Nurse with a Valid PIN
- Level 4 RMA or Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management of Care Services is desirable but not essential