Senior Care Assistant (Nights)
Salary & Benefits
Senior Care Assistant Night
48 hours per week
£8.80 per hour
Overbury House is located in a quiet residential district of Wroxham just a few hundred yards from the beautiful Norfolk Broads, making it one of the tranquil nursing homes in the area. It is a period building, filled with light from its huge bay windows, and sits in its own landscaped grounds that contain mature trees, ornamental shrubs and a beach scene area. The spacious reception rooms have been decorated in keeping with the building’s architectural style and exude warmth and elegance. Over recent years the house has been sympathetically extended to provide tasteful, modern accommodation with all the facilities you might expect in a nursing home of this calibre.
Key responsibilities of a Senior Care Assistant;
- Ensure that a high standard of care is delivered to residents by recognising and facilitating their daily needs.
- Administer medicines as required in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Promote and encourage all staff to provide residents with privacy, dignity, independence, choice, rights and fulfilment.
- Adhere to the company policies and procedures.
- Assist in building relationships between staff and residents.
- Take an active professional role in promoting the services offered when dealing with relatives, prospective residents and enquiries.
Skills and experience
- Previous experience working within an elderly care home environment.
- Understand care planning processes and experience of writing care plans.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Ability to mentor and coach staff.
- A proven ability to work as part of a team.
- Self-motivated and flexible.
- Demonstrate an ability to ensure confidentiality.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care or equivalent is desirable but an opportunity to undertake this will be available.
- Full Time positions available
- Working on our Night shifts (8pm-8am)
- Shifts will be on a rota basis and will include some weekends
- £8.80 per hour
Healthcare Homes provides care and support appropriate to the needs of each individual in a friendly, warm and supportive atmosphere. For more information about our care homes and homecare please visit www.healthcarehomes.co.uk.
The successful Senior Care Assistant will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check.
Healthcare Homes is an equal opportunities employer and regulated by CQC.
Healthcare Homes offer an Employee Assistance Programme which is immediate access to a confidential telephone counselling and legal information service which operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to include support such as financial and family concerns.