Chef - Bank
Gorleston, Great Yarmouth
Salary & Benefits
£8.35 per hour
Chef - Bank Hours
The Gables, Gorleston, Great Yarmouth
Healthcare Homes is looking for a Chef to provide first class food and hospitality within the needs of a care home environment. It’s all about doing things a little bit differently.
If you join us as Chef, get ready for something new. Our unique approach to the care sector sets us apart, so to make things happen our people need to be a little bit different too.
As a Chef with Healthcare Homes you will demonstrate creative flair, nutritional understanding and leadership skills, combined with a genuine interest in the people we support. Highly valued and popular with residents, families and staff, our chefs are key personalities within our homes.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- To support the head chef/cook in the effective operation of the kitchen.
- To wash up all crockery, cutlery and utensils used by the kitchen, residents, staff and visitors.
- To assist with the maintenance of hygiene in the kitchen and the equipment within.
- To ensure basic maintenance/hygiene of all kitchen and dining room equipment to include serving trolleys, place mats, trays and dining room furniture.
- To ensure the cleanliness of the total washing up area to include all the equipment within that area.
- The preparation and delivery of drinks as required by the residents.
- To ensure that all records are maintained to the standards required by Healthcare Homes as well as outside monitoring agencies such as Environmental Health.
- To notify the head chef/cook or manager of any faulty or damaged equipment used by the kitchen staff