Senior Care Assistant
Great Yarmouth, Norfolk
Salary & Benefits
£8.90 per hour
Senior Care Assistant - Nights
The Gables, Great Yarmouth
24 hours per week
The Gables are recruiting for a Senior Care Assistant to join their team on night shifts. The Gables is a residential home that provides care, support and accommodation for up to 43 older people, some of whom may be living with dementia.
As a Senior Care Assistant you will have:
- Previous experience working within an elderly care environment.
- Understand care planning process and experience of writing care plans.
- Knowledge of regulatory framework.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Recognise and facilitate the daily needs of residents.
- Conduct formal supervisions and appraisals.
- Contributing to care planning and coaching care assistants.
- Take an active professional role in promoting the services offered when dealing with relatives, prospective residents and enquiries.
- Participate in updating and writing care plans and resident documentation.
- Be responsible for making and reporting realistic assessments of each resident to ensure continuity of care.
- Be responsible for administrating medication to the residents in accordance with policies and procedures.
This is for 24 hour per week and will include alternate weekend working.