Salary & Benefits
£8.30 per hour
Home Meadow, Toft
18 hours per week
Home Meadow, located in Toft, Cambridge, are recruiting for a Laundry Assistant to join their Housekeeping team. Home Meadow is a 49 bed residential and dementia care home.
As a Laundry Assistant you will be responsible:
- To attend to the washing, drying, mending and ironing of all personal laundry.
- To sort and distinguish individual residents clothing, returning all aired clothes to the appropriate resident and ensuring that personal items are put away in the appropriate place.
- To ensure the cleanliness of the total laundry area and to include all the equipment within that area.
- To ensure that all records are maintained to the standards required by Healthcare Homes as well as outside monitoring agencies such as Environmental Health.
- To ensure the strict adherence to the safety and security of the laundry and laundering practices, including the safe storage and usage of all cleaning products as per COSHH regulations.
- To notify the housekeeper or Manager of any faulty or damaged equipment used by the laundry staff.
This will include alternate weekend working.