Salary & Benefits
£8.25 per hour
Cedar Court, Witney
£8.25 per hour
30 hours per week (will include alternate weekends)
Based in Witney, Oxfordshire, Cedar Court is a 63 bed home covering residential and dementia care. We are recruiting for an Activities Coordinator to join our team.
As Activities Coordinator you will co-ordinate the daily activities for individual residents, ensuring the activities are flexible and varied to suit all capabilities whilst enhancing residents quality of life.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- The role of activity co-ordinator is fundamental to the residents’ sense of well-being and social enhancement.
- To ensure the routines and daily activities made available are flexible and varied to suit individual resident’s expectations, preferences and capabilities.
- Identify the needs of all residents.
- Plan, organise and run a varied and stimulating monthly programme of activities.
- Ensure that a weekly and monthly schedule of activities is available for residents, the care team, registered Home Manager and prospective residents to view.
- Help provide the opportunity for physical, intellectual, emotional, spiritual, and social interaction and enjoyment.
- Arrange social and spiritual activities and outings, as well as in-house entertainment with entertainers, (music/dance/song).
- Establish links with, and encourage involvement of the local community in the home, e.g. schools, colleges, religious and voluntary groups and museums.
- Involve relatives in the activity programme and attend relatives’ meetings as appropriate.
- Monitor the effects of the activities programme and write brief notes on each individual/group activity session undertaken on the activities record sheets for inclusion in either the residents’ care plan or an activities folder for residents.