Kitchen Assistant Weekends
Salary & Benefits
£8.21 per hour
Kitchen Assistant - Weekend
16 hours per week
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the team at Overbury House in Wroxham, as a Kitchen Assistant. You will be assisting in our busy kitchen providing meals for all residents working under the supervision of our Chef. Alongside this, you will be required to assist with the maintenance of hygiene in the kitchen and the equipment within.
The hours for this position will be starting at 8am and finishing at 4pm.
Key Responsibilities of a Kitchen Assistant
- To support the Head Chef/Cook in the effective operation of the kitchen.
- To wash up all crockery, cutlery and utensils used by the kitchen, residents, staff and visitors.
- To ensure basic maintenance/hygiene of all kitchen and dining room equipment to include serving trolleys, place mats, trays and dining room furniture.
- To ensure the cleanliness of the total washing up area to include all the equipment within that area.
- The preparation and delivery of drinks as required by the residents.
- Adhere at all times to the company policies and procedures.
Skills and Experience
- Previous experience working within an elderly care home/commercial environment is desirable.
- A proven ability to work as part of a team.
- Demonstrate an ability to ensure confidentiality.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to take a pro-active approach.
- Excellent attendance and time keeping record.
- Flexible approach to work.
- £8.21 per hour
- DBS is required
- Job includes working in a busy kitchen providing meals for all residents.
- You will work under the supervision of the Chef
16 hours at the weekend
Healthcare Homes provides care and support appropriate to the needs of each individual, in a friendly, warm and supportive atmosphere. For more information about our care homes and homecare please visit www.healthcarehomes.co.uk.
The successful Kitchen Assistant will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check.
Healthcare Homes is an equal opportunities employer and regulated by CQC.