Care assistant- Day
Needham Market, Suffolk
Salary & Benefits
£8.33 per hour
Care Assistant – Day
36 hours per week
Uvedale Hall is one of the finest residential care homes in Suffolk, offering an unparalleled range of facilities and services in idyllic surroundings. This beautiful Georgian home boasts three elegant lounges, a South-facing conservatory and a magnificent staircase, winding round a sparkling chandelier. At Uvedale Hall we provide residential care for elderly frail and residents who are living with a dementia. Despite the complex needs of our residents we aim to maintain and improve our residents’ abilities so they continue to live their life in a meaningful and fulfilling way.
The hours for this role are-
8am to 8pm or 7am-2pm and 2pm-10pm
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Assisting residents in bathing, dressing and general mobility in accordance to their individual plan of care.
- Assisting residents in their personal hygiene requirements in accordance to their individual plan of care.
- Assisting residents with their continence requirements in accordance to their individual plan of care.
- Reporting any changes in residents’ health or behaviour to your immediate supervisor.
- Retrieving from and delivering personal laundry to residents’ rooms.
- Working with all other staff to ensure a happy, clean, dignified and safe environment for the residents.
- Ensure all records and documents are updated in accordance with company policy.
- Participate in updating and writing care plans and resident documentation.
- Assist with general cleaning, tidying and kitchen duties.
Specific Day Duties:
- Assisting in the provision of meals as appropriate.
- Participate in the planning and organisation of social activities within the daily routine.
- Develop good relations with all relatives and visitors.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Previous experience working within an elderly care environment desirable but not always necessary.
- Understand care planning process and experience of writing care plans.
- Knowledge of regulatory framework.
Skills and Abilities:
- Develop good and effective relationships with all aspects of the business internally and externally.
- Demonstrate an ability to ensure confidentiality.
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to take a pro-active approach
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent attendance and time keeping record
- Attention to detail
- Flexible approach to work
- Self motivated