Salary & Benefits
£8.21 per hour
Kitchen Assistant, Avon Lodge Care Home - Bristol
8 hours a week
Healthcare Homes is looking for an outstanding Chef to provide first class food and hospitality within the needs of a care home environment. It’s all about doing things a little bit differently.
A modern and spacious home located on the outskirts of Bristol. The home is easily accessible by major road routes and public transport.
Avon Lodge is situated close by to local shops and the City centre is only ten minutes away.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the team at Avon Lodge as a Kitchen Assistant. The successful applicant will assist with the maintenance of hygiene in the kitchen and the equipment within.
- To support the Head Chef/Cook in the effective operation of the kitchen.
- To wash up all crockery, cutlery and utensils used by the kitchen, residents, staff and visitors.
- To ensure basic maintenance/hygiene of all kitchen and dining room equipment to include serving trolleys, place mats, trays and dining room furniture.
- To ensure the cleanliness of the total washing up area to include all the equipment within that area.
- The preparation and delivery of drinks as required by the residents.
Adhere at all times to the company policies and procedures.
Skills and experience
- Previous experience working within an elderly care environment is desirable.
- A proven ability to work as part of a team.
- Demonstrate an ability to ensure confidentiality.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to take a pro-active approach.
- Flexible approach to work.
- Level 2 in Kitchen Services or equivalent desirable though an opportunity to obtain this will be given
- Food Hygiene certificate.
8 hours a week working from 6pm- 8pm.
Healthcare Homes provides care and support appropriate to the needs of each individual in a friendly, warm and supportive atmosphere. For more information about our care homes and homecare please visit www.healthcarehomes.co.uk.
The successful Kitchen Assistant will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check.
Healthcare Homes is an equal opportunities employer and regulated by CQC.