Head of Care
Needham Market, Suffolk
Salary & Benefits
£12 per hour
Head of Care
36 hours per week
Uvedale Hall is one of the finest residential care homes in Suffolk, offering an unparalleled range of facilities and services in idyllic surroundings. This beautiful Georgian home boasts three elegant lounges, a South-facing conservatory and a magnificent staircase, winding round a sparkling chandelier. At Uvedale Hall we provide residential care for elderly frail and residents who are living with a dementia. Despite the complex needs of our residents we aim to maintain and improve our residents’ abilities so they continue to live their life in a meaningful and fulfilling way.
Alternate weekend required
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Deputise for the manager in his/her absence.
- Be available on an on-call basis when the manager is absent.
- Support the registered manager with the overall management of the unit.
- Promote and maintain the highest quality of service for our residents through development of person centred care plans.
- Encourage and support staff to achieve and exceed their full potential.
- Provide leadership for care assistants in the provision of quality care of residents.
- Support the registered manager in providing leadership, guidance and management to all staff in line with company policies and procedures.
- Support the registered manager in reviewing staffing levels and stock control to ensure home remains financially viable.
- Support the registered manager carrying out regular staff supervision and appraisals in line with company policies and procedures.
- Ensure that staff adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Be responsible for the immediate management of junior staff.
- Support the registered Manager in ensuring the home meets the requirements of the Care Standards.
- Participate in the staff recruitment process by assisting with applicant selection and interviews.
This will be 36 hours per week with a mixture of supernumary and on the floor supervising staff. This will also be every other weekend.
- Daily supervision of all staff to ensure the delivery of excellent care in a manner that maintains and promotes dignity, privacy, choice, rights, fulfilment and independence.
- Plan, implement and evaluate appropriate care for residents.
- Provide ongoing monitoring of the care and service provision.
- Take responsibility for the formation, implementation and evaluation of person centred care plans and risk assessments.
- Participate in the implementation of company and individual home policies and procedures.
- Take an active role in the induction and training of all staff.
- Support the registered Manager with the assessment of staff.
- Ensure resident orientated service through involvement in yearly care reviews, resident and relatives groups.
- Assist in the promotion of a safe, therapeutic, comfortable environment for residents and staff.
- Assist with pre-admission assessments.
- This list is not exhaustive and you may need to carry out other duties within the remit of the role.