Salary & Benefits
£8.21 per hour
Activities Assistant - Weekends
Overbury House, Wroxham
10 hours per week
£8.21 per hour
Overbury House is located in a quiet residential district of Wroxham just a few hundred yards from the beautiful Norfolk Broads, making it one of the tranquil nursing homes in the area. It is a period building, filled with light from its huge bay windows, and sits in its own landscaped grounds that contain mature trees, ornamental shrubs and a beach scene area. The spacious reception rooms have been decorated in keeping with the building’s architectural style and exude warmth and elegance. Over recent years the house has been sympathetically extended to provide tasteful, modern accommodation with all the facilities you might expect in a nursing home of this calibre.
The Activities Assistant with Healthcare Homes is an essential role to support the well-being of our residents. Our ethos is all about celebrating life, so we aim for all our homes to be vibrant, joyful communities with a wide range of stimulating activities and entertainment to suit every taste and ability.
To ensure each resident has personalised activities which suit their needs, you will be required to get to know our residents and their families. You will tailor an ongoing programme of activities and events for each resident aimed at promoting their independence and social engagement.
You will need to be creative, inspiring, and organised. Experience within a similar role and environment would be preferable.
The hours for this role will be starting at 10am and finishing at 3pm, Saturday and Sunday.
The skills and experience of an Activities Assistant would be;
- A knowledge and/or previous experience of working within a relevant and appropriate healthcare environment is essential.
- Able to plan, organise and execute a varied and stimulating monthly programme of activities.
- Ability to manage and co-ordinate multiple tasks.
- Ability to identify needs of collective group and tailor activities accordingly.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Demonstrate an ability to ensure confidentiality
- Level 2 or 3 Activity Provision QCF award or equivalent is desirable but training can be provided.
- Level 2 Award in Seated Physical Activity or equivalent would also be desirable.
This is a fantastic time to join Healthcare Homes, as we continue to grow and develop our services. If you have the unique qualities required for this exciting role and want to work with an organisation that provides the type of care you’d expect for you r loved ones, we would welcome your application.
The successful Activities Assistant will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check.
Healthcare Homes is an equal opportunities employer and regulated by CQC.