Salary & Benefits
£8.23 per hour
The Old Vicarage, Sherborne
35 hours, includes alternate weekends
When we launched Healthcare Homes in 2005, our main objectives were to create an environment where residents receive the highest standards of care; where dignity is respected; where talents and interests are encouraged; and where life is lived to its fullest potential.
Healthcare Homes prides itself on providing a warm and homely environment for the people we support, and our Housekeeping Team is vital to us achieving this. This is a role that is central to the daily lives of the people we support and their families, so a caring nature and good people skills are essential alongside a practical ability.
As part of a team your role will include a variety of housekeeping and cleaning tasks. We don't ask for any formal qualifications, but you will be at the very heart of our industry so you are expected to be reliable, dependable and committed to making a difference in our care home.
- To support the delivery of care by ensuring that the daily cleaning duties are carried out in a sensitive way in the residents rooms and to a high standard.
- To assist as required with other general cleaning duties in the home.
- Reporting to the Housekeeper.
- Carrying out all cleaning duties to a high standard that meets the expectations of the residents and management.
- Respecting at all times the privacy of residents in their rooms and their property.
- Ensure that all chemicals used for cleaning are removed from residents’ rooms and safely stored/locked away after use and that health and safety rules (COSHH) are strictly adhered to.
- Working with all other staff to ensure a happy, clean, dignified and safe environment for the residents.
- Develop good relationships with residents, relatives and visitors to the home.
- bed making, ensuring vacant rooms are prepared for viewing and admissions, laying and clearing of tables for meals services, caring for plants and flowers around the home, ensuring the home looks presentable at all times for visitors/inspectors.
This is a fantastic time to join Healthcare Homes, as we continue to grow and develop our services. If you have the unique qualities required for this exciting role and want to work with an organisation that provides the type of care you’d expect for your loved ones, we would welcome your application.