Salary & Benefits
£33,500 per annum
Deputy Manager- Full Time
Must be a Registered Nurse (PIN active)
36 hours per week
At Haughgate House we provide residential and nursing care for elderly frail and residents who are living with a dementia. Despite the complex needs of our residents we aim to maintain and improve our residents’ abilities so they continue to live their life in a meaningful and fulfilling way.
This is a 36 hours per week role which will be 24 hours supernumerary. This is a Monday to Friday position and alternate weekend.
The shift pattern for this role is-
8am to 8pm
8am to 2pm
The shifts will be 6 hours long for the supernumerary days and one 12 hour shift when on the floor. The candidate will be required to work one day every other weekend to cover a shift that is needed.
Key responsibilities of a Deputy Manager:
- Administer and order medicines as required by the home in accordance with the homes’ policies and procedures.
- Assist the Manager to produce and maintain systems and procedures for auditing and assuring quality of care provided by the home
- Work within the NMC codes of conduct
- Provide support and professional supervision to care staff and nursing staff as appropriate.
- Previous management skills required
- Ensure effective communication with relatives and other healthcare professionals.
- Ensure confidentiality regarding all aspects of care and management of the home is maintained.
- Assessing and responding to clinical risk, and having a good understanding of the regulatory framework
This role could also include being on-call.
- Maintain confidentiality to all residents and clients at all times.
- To ensure that the registered manager and where appropriate Operations Director and/or Group Quality Director are fully informed about the daily running of the home and specific needs.
- Be available outside of normal working hours for emergencies in the absence of the registered manager.
- Travel as required within the area and other areas within the company for business and training.
- This list is not exhaustive and you may need to carry out other duties within the remit of the role.
You will receive a competitive benefit package which includes:
- ‘Welcome’ Bonus of up to £2k
- Support with continuous professional development (CPD) including a Personal Development Plan
- Support with Nurse revalidation
- Paid annual leave
- Workplace Pension
- Recommend a friend paid scheme