Salary & Benefits
Home Close, Fulbourn
14 hours per week
When we launched Healthcare Homes in 2005, our main objectives were to create an environment where residents receive the highest standards of care; where dignity is respected; where talents and interests are encouraged; and where life is lived to its fullest potential.
We have remained 100% focused to these objectives, and today continue to deliver the highest quality residential and nursing care to all residents who live in any one of our 37 homes across the South East.
Home Close is in a quiet location on the outskirts of Cambridge yet within easy reach of the A14 and served by good public transport links. It is set within its own large landscaped grounds that are bordered by many mature trees, creating a private peaceful environment. In good weather, many of our residents like to walk in the grounds or sit and take tea under the shade of spreading branches. As well as the extensive lawns, there are many shrub and flower borders which continually change with the seasons, providing interest to residents and visitors alike. The home can accommodate up to 72 residents and provides a full range of services.
The Activities Coordinator with Healthcare Homes is an essential role to support the well-being of our residents. Our ethos is all about celebrating life, so we aim for all our homes to be vibrant, joyful communities with a wide range of stimulating activities and entertainment to suit every taste and ability.
To ensure each resident has personalised activities which suit their needs, you will be required to get to know our residents and their families. You will tailor an ongoing programme of activities and events for each resident aimed at promoting their independence and social engagement.
You will need to be creative, inspiring, and organised. Experience within a similar role and environment would be preferable.
The skills and experience of an Activities Co-ordinator would be;
- A knowledge and/or previous experience of working within a relevant and appropriate healthcare environment is essential.
- Able to plan, organise and execute a varied and stimulating monthly programme of activities.
- Ability to manage and co-ordinate multiple tasks.
- Ability to identify needs of collective group and tailor activities accordingly.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Demonstrate an ability to ensure confidentiality
- Level 2 or 3 Activity Provision QCF award or equivalent is desirable but training can be provided.
- Level 2 Award in Seated Physical Activity or equivalent would also be desirable.
This is a fantastic time to join Healthcare Homes, as we continue to grow and develop our services. If you have the unique qualities required for this exciting role and want to work with an organisation that provides the type of care you’d expect for your loved ones, we would welcome your application.
The successful Activities Co-ordinator will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check.
Healthcare Homes is an equal opportunities employer and regulated by CQC.