Care Coordinator - Downham Market and Swaffham: Full time
Salary & Benefits
Care Coordinator - Downham Market/Swaffham: Full time
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the team at our branch in Swaffham as a Care Co-ordinator for Downham Market and Swaffham areas. Reporting to the registered manager you will be responsible for ensuring that service users receive their arranged visits at a time that is appropriate to the individual wherever practical. Visits should be allocated appropriately to care workers, whilst also providing support to care workers, service users and/or families.
Skills and experience for a Care Co-ordinator:
- Previous administrative experience in care is essential.
- Domicilliary care experience working within the homecare industry is required
- Working knowledge of staff plan roster an advantage.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Organised with the ability to manage and co-ordinate multiple projects.
- Flexible approach to work and manage, prioritise and work to deadlines
- Excellent IT and communication skills both written and verbal.
- Administrative skills, typing, letter writing and filing.
- Develop good and effective relationships with all aspects of the business internally and externally.
- Demonstrate an ability to ensure confidentiality.
- Ability to work as part of a team and ability to problem solve
- Excellent attendance and time keeping record
- Hold a full driving licence and have access to a vehicle
- The successful candidate will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check
- Scheduling staff to deliver care to attend planned care for service users
- Printing and distributing staff and service user rosters in allocated timescales
- Maintaining communication with care workers with regards to scheduled calls and issues arising, providing support as needed
- Dealing with queries from service users, families and professionals. Following up as needed
- Carrying out interviews to ensure staffing levels within team are at capacity
- Completing supervisions of care staff within kpi timescales
- Providing reports on hours delivered and forecasted to Registered Manager
- Holding the on-call phone on a rotational basis
- Sourcing new business opportunities
- Attend meetings with service users/ local authorities
40 hour week; - the days and times may vary on occasions due to the needs of the business. You may also be required to work evenings and weekends on occasions to cover care calls.
Level 2/3 in care desirable but not essential as an opportunity to undertake these courses will be available.
Own transport is needed due to nature of the job.