Salary & Benefits
£9.40 per hour week days £11.00 weekends
Assistant Chef - 26 Hours per week
Park House, Peterborough
When we launched Healthcare Homes in 2005, our main objectives were to create an environment where residents receive the highest standards of care; where dignity is respected; where talents and interests are encouraged; and where life is lived to its fullest potential.
Park House are looking for an outstanding Assistant Chef to provide first class food and hospitality within the needs of a care home environment.
As a Assistant Chef with Healthcare Homes you will demonstrate creative flair, nutritional understanding and leadership skills, combined with a genuine interest in the people we support. Highly valued and popular with residents, families and staff, our chefs are key personalities within our homes.
Skills and experience for the Assistant Chef opportunity;
- Previous experience working as a professional Chef/Cook within an elderly care environment is desirable.
- Experience of designing and cooking nutritionally balanced meals incorporating any specific dietary requirements.
- Excellent planning, organisational and presentation skills.
- A proven ability to work as part of a team.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- An ability to take a pro-active approach.
- Being able to work flexible hours across all shifts.
This is for a 26 hours contract. Salary will be £9.40per hour Monday-Friday and £11.00 per hour Saturday and Sundays.