Salary & Benefits
£10.50 per hour
37.5 hours per week
£10.50 per hour
The quality and appearance of our care homes create the first impression for visitors and are a source of enjoyment and great pleasure for our residents and their families. Our Maintenance Teams take huge pride in maintaining our buildings to the highest possible standards.
This role would be working Monday to Friday covering 37.5 hours per week. There could be occasional on call if there is an emergency in the home.
Avon Lodge are committed to providing the highest quality care possible, they take great pride in providing tailored care and support to meet the individual needs of each resident, in a friendly, warm, welcoming and supportive atmosphere.or bank holidays and potential to increase pay with qualifications and career progression.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that the home is kept visually in good order.
- Ensure all maintenance checks are carried out in accordance with established procedures.
- Report any maintenance issues to the Home Manager.
- Painting and redecoration of all areas within the home as requested by the Home Manager and per the maintenance schedules.
- Plumbing as required including sinks, toilets, drains, washing machines.
- Ensure that basic electrical maintenance is carried out safely, eg changing of light bulbs, replacing correct amperage plug fuses etc.
- Check all electrical items meet PAT testing requirements or supervise external professional.
- Ensure all maintenance, decorating, cleaning products, gardening tools and any other equipment is stored safely..
- Maintain confidentiality to all residents and clients at all times.
- Respect the confidentiality of information in line with the requirements of the Data Protection Act at all times.
- Travel as required within the area and other areas within the company for business and training.
- This list is not exhaustive and you may need to carry out other duties within the remit of the role.