Senior Care Assistant
Salary & Benefits
£9.45 per hour
Senior Care Assistant
Olive House, Newton Flotman
Days and Nights available
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the team at Olive House, Newton Flotman as a Night Senior Care Assistant. The main responsibility of this role is to supervise and assist care assistants in providing personal care to the residents and attend to the daily needs.
Olive House is conveniently situated in a small village some eight miles south of Norwich. The village has a range of shops and amenities. To ensure, where possible, that our residents have an active social life, regular trips are organised to the local theatre, garden centres and the Suffolk and Norfolk coast..
Key Responsibilities of a Senior Care Assistant
- Ensure that a high standard of care is delivered to residents by recognising and facilitating their daily needs.
- Administer medicines as required in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Promote and encourage all staff to provide residents with privacy, dignity, independence, choice, rights and fulfilment.
- Adhere to the company policies and procedures.
- Assist in building relationships between staff and residents.
- Take an active professional role in promoting the services offered when dealing with relatives, prospective residents and enquiries.
Skills and Experience
- Previous experience working within an elderly care home environment.
- Understand care planning processes and experience of writing care plans.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Ability to mentor and coach staff.
- A proven ability to work as part of a team.
- Self-motivated and flexible.
- Excellent attendance and time keeping record.
- Demonstrate an ability to ensure confidentiality.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care or equivalent is desirable but an opportunity to undertake this will be available.
Healthcare homes have 37 Residential and nursing homes spread across East Anglia and the South of the country. The business was launched in 2005 with the main objective to ensure residents receive the highest possible standard of care; where dignity is respected, talents and interests are encouraged and where life is lived to its fullest potential.