Weekend Domestic Assistant
Needham Market, Suffolk
Salary & Benefits
Weekend Domestic Assistant - Uvedale Hall
Uvedale Hall is one of the finest residential care homes in Suffolk, offering an unparalleled range of facilities and services in idyllic surroundings. This beautiful Georgian home boasts three elegant lounges, a South-facing conservatory and a magnificent staircase, winding round a sparkling chandelier. At Uvedale Hall we provide residential care for elderly frail and residents who are living with a dementia. Despite the complex needs of our residents we aim to maintain and improve our residents’ abilities so they continue to live their life in a meaningful and fulfilling way.
This will be 5 hours every Saturday and Sunday.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- To support the delivery of care by ensuring that the daily cleaning duties are carried out in a sensitive way in the resident’s rooms and to a high standard.
- To assist as required with other general cleaning duties in the home.
- Carrying out all cleaning duties to a high standard that meets the expectations of the residents and management.
- Respecting at all times the privacy of residents in their rooms and their property.
- Ensuring adherence to the company policies and procedures relevant to this role.
- Reporting any changes in residents’ health or behaviour to the housekeeper or senior care staff on duty.
- Working with all other staff to ensure a happy, clean, dignified and safe environment for the residents.
- Develop good relationships with residents, relatives and visitors to the home.
- Bed making, ensuring vacant rooms are prepared for viewing and admissions, laying and clearing of tables for meals services, caring for plants and flowers around the home, ensuring the home looks presentable at all times for visitors/inspectors.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Ensure the dignity and respect of every resident is maintained at all times.
This list is not exhaustive and you may need to carry out other duties within the remit of the role.