Bank Kitchen Assistant
Salary & Benefits
Bank Kitchen Assistant - The Gables
The Gables is a care home in Gorleston that offers residential care in a beautiful Victorian mansion with large rooms and a wealth of fine architectural detail such as the ornate door architraves. Large lounges allow residents to relax in comfortable surroundings with their family and friends. Tastefully decorated bedrooms, many of which are en-suite, add to our residents’ comfort, with several benefiting from sea views. Although all rooms are fully furnished, we encourage residents to bring with them items of furniture and personal possessions so that their room can be a true ‘home from home’.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- To support the head chef/cook in the effective operation of the kitchen.
- To wash up all crockery, cutlery and utensils used by the kitchen, residents, staff and visitors.
- To assist with the maintenance of hygiene in the kitchen and the equipment within.
- To ensure basic maintenance/hygiene of all kitchen and dining room equipment to include serving trolleys, place mats, trays and dining room furniture.
- To ensure the cleanliness of the total washing up area to include all the equipment within that area.
- The preparation and delivery of drinks as required by the residents.
- To ensure that all records are maintained to the standards required by Healthcare Homes as well as outside monitoring agencies such as Environmental Health.
- To notify the head chef/cook or manager of any faulty or damaged equipment used by the kitchen staff