Support Worker - Gt Yarmouth and surrounding villages
Great Yarmouth and surrounding villages
Salary & Benefits
Hourly rates are £9.51 to £10.31 plus mileage paid at 20p per mile
Support Worker – Great Yarmouth and surrounding villages
Hourly rates are £9.51 (weekdays) and £10.31 (weekends) plus mileage at 20p per mile
Hours required are part time initially working towards full time with the option to work in the Domiciliary department for additional hours.
- Some experience preferred in dealing with adults with learning disabilities; Autism/ Asperger’s, mental health, disabled parent and children and challenging behaviour.
- Car owner/driver is essential in this role for ease of attending social engagements, appointments and so on
- The candidate must have the following qualities: be flexible, reliable, sociable and possess a helpful, willing and friendly nature
- We offer full training and the option of working towards NVQ and specialist training
As a Support Worker, you will be involved in supporting the daily activities of our clients in a person-centred manner; promoting their dignity, independence, well-being, and becoming an integral part of their lives.
Assistance is required with the following tasks (though not limited to):
- General housekeeping including cleaning, laundry, cooking and gardening
- Taking and accompanying on social visits and activities including college visits, shopping trips, lunches and other outings
- Essentially, ensuring a high standard of support is delivered by recognising, facilitating and assisting with day-to-day needs
- To treat all clients with privacy, dignity, respect, independence, choice, rights and fulfilment.
- Maintain a professional manner when dealing with relatives.
This is a personally rewarding role with competitive pay where you can build on your skills and experience, whilst delivering exceptional support to our service users and their families.
We are a small team that are recognised on our outstanding service so a fun yet professional attitude is a must!