Needham Market, Suffolk
Salary & Benefits
Weekend Chef - Uvedale Hall
Saturday and Sunday 8am - 2pm
Uvedale Hall is one of the finest residential care homes in Suffolk, offering an unparalleled range of facilities and services in idyllic surroundings. This beautiful Georgian home boasts three elegant lounges, a South-facing conservatory and a magnificent staircase, winding round a sparkling chandelier. At Uvedale Hall we provide residential care for elderly frail and residents who are living with a dementia.
They are recruiting for a Weekend Chef to join their team. This role will be Saturdays and Sundays- 8am - 2pm as well as providing holiday cover for the Head Chef.
As a Chef with Healthcare Homes you will demonstrate creative flair, nutritional understanding and leadership skills, combined with a genuine interest in the people we support. Highly valued and popular with residents, families and staff, our chefs are key personalities within our homes.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- To support the head chef/cook in the effective operation of the kitchen.
- To wash up all crockery, cutlery and utensils used by the kitchen, residents, staff and visitors.
- To assist with the maintenance of hygiene in the kitchen and the equipment within.
- To ensure basic maintenance/hygiene of all kitchen and dining room equipment to include serving trolleys, place mats, trays and dining room furniture.
- To ensure the cleanliness of the total washing up area to include all the equipment within that area.
- The preparation and delivery of drinks as required by the residents.
- To ensure that all records are maintained to the standards required by Healthcare Homes as well as outside monitoring agencies such as Environmental Health.
- To ensure adherence to the company policies and procedures relevant to this role
Candidates should have the Level 2 Food Hygiene certificate.