Salary & Benefits
£10 per hour
Activities Assistant - Albany Care Home
30 hours per week - 9.30am - 6pm
Albany Care Home is a 38 bed residential and nursing home located in Headington, Oxford. We are recruiting for an Activities Assistant to join the team and support the well being of our residents. You will ensure each resident has personalised activities to suit their teams.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Planning and facilitating daily, weekly, and monthly events to encourage socialisation, relaxation, and recreation.
- Plan, organise and run a varied and stimulating monthly programme of activities.
- Establish links with, and encourage involvement of the local community in the home, e.g. schools, colleges, religious and voluntary groups and museums.
- Involve relatives in the activity programme and attend relatives’ meetings as appropriate.
- Monitor the effects of the activities programme and write notes on each individual/group activity session undertaken on the activities record sheets.
- Control and maintain stock of materials and resources to facilitate the activities programme.
- Participate in the mandatory training programme required of the home.