Clinical Deputy Manager
Salary & Benefits
£17.20 per hour
Clinical Deputy Manager
Meadow House- Swaffham
30 hours per week
We have a vacancy for a Deputy Manager to join our fantastic team at Meadow House, Swaffham Noroflk .Your role will be to support the registered care home manager in all aspects of the home’s management, including taking temporary or complete charge during the absence of the registered manager.
The home can accommodate up to 64 residents and provides a full range of services.
All 30 hours are supernumerary, however if needed on shift deputy will be expected to cover nurses shifts i.e. annual leave/ sickness.
Annual pin number paid.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Assistance with daily management of the home
- Take responsibility for the running of the home in the absence of the registered manager
- Help the registered manager with the general management of the home working under their guidance and leadership
- Support the registered manager produce and maintain the systems and procedures for auditing and assuring quality of care provided by the home
- Assistance with resident care
- Assist residents with planning and meeting of their personal care and other needs.
- Help to provide health supervisions and attention through direct nursing care when needed.
- Be responsible for care planning, monitoring and reviewing arrangements.
- Help with the formulation of social and health care plans for new residents and for reviews of current residents.
- Help to control the issue of drugs, maintain the necessary records and to ensure the accuracy and reliability of the systems for administrating medicines.
- Participate in the development of activities for residents.
- Help ensure that the preparation, cooking and serving of food and drinks meet the required standards
- Assistance with premise management
- Help to ensure that rooms and common spaces are properly cleaned, maintained and adequately heated.
- Help to maintain the standards set for the appearance and upkeep of the premises, indoors and outdoors.
- Manage, as required, any planned maintenance programme.
- Assistance with staff management
- Supervise and support care and domestic staff to contribute to the efficient running of the home
- Participate in staff meetings, staff supervision, training and development activities.
- Take responsibility for the management of specific staffing matters as required by the registered manager.
- Administration and Finance
- Assist the registered manager with the management of the staffing, financial and material resources, including involvement with recruitment and selection.
- Assist the registered manager to maintain the administrative systems for keeping records, particularly those required to comply with the current legislation.
- Assist the registered manager to ensure that all operational policies and procedures are in place and followed by all staff.
- Maintain confidentiality to all residents and clients at all times.
- Respect the confidentiality of information in line with the requirements of the Data Protection Act at all times.
- To ensure that the registered manager and where appropriate Operations Director and/or Group Quality Director are fully informed about the daily running of the home and specific needs.
- Be available outside of normal working hours for emergencies in the absence of the registered manager.
- Travel as required within the area and other areas within the company for business and training.
- This list is not exhaustive and you may need to carry out other duties within the remit of the role.
Health and Safety
Co-operate with the employer to ensure compliance with health and safety legislation and the health and safety policies and procedures of the home, not intentionally or recklessly interfere with, or misuse, anything provided in the interests of health, safety or welfare, in pursuance of the relevant statutory provisions.
Knowledge and Experience
- Previous supervisory experience.
- Previous experience working within an elderly care environment.
- Knowledge of regulatory framework.
- Good working knowledge of IT systems.
Develop good and effective relationships with all aspects of the business internally and externally.
- Demonstrate an ability to ensure confidentiality.
- Ability to mentor and coach others.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to take a pro-active approach
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to problem solve
- Excellent attendance and time keeping record
- Attention to detail
- Ability to achieve results
- Flexible approach to work and manage, prioritise and work to deadlines
Education and Qualifications
- Registered Nurse (PIN active)
- General education qualifications
- Continual Professional Education
- Level 3 certificate or Diploma in care management or equivalent
- Level 5 end of life is desirable.
- Full driving licence and access to a vehicle.