Care Assistant Bank
Brisham Park, Yate
Salary & Benefits
£9.24per hour (£9.74 per hour at weekends)
Care Assistant – Oaktree Care Home
Brisham Park, Yate
At Healthcare Homes we respect, support and provide excellent opportunities to our team members. With competitive rates of pay of £9.24 per hour (£9.74 per hour on weekends).
Based in Brisham Park, Yate, Oaktree Care Home offers residential, nursing and dementia care for upto 76 residents.
Bank hours- 8am to 8pm, 8am to 2pm, 2pm to 8pm, 8pm to 8am
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Assisting residents in bathing, dressing and general mobility in accordance to their individual plan of care.
- Assisting residents in their personal hygiene requirements in accordance to their individual plan of care.
- Assisting residents with their continence requirements in accordance to their individual plan of care.
- Reporting any changes in residents’ health or behaviour to your immediate supervisor.
- Retrieving from and delivering personal laundry to residents’ rooms.
- Working with all other staff to ensure a happy, clean, dignified and safe environment for the residents.
- Ensure all records and documents are updated in accordance with company policy.
- Participate in updating and writing care plans and resident documentation.
- Assist with general cleaning, tidying and kitchen duties.
Specific Night Duties:
- Assisting in the provision of resident’s breakfasts in accordance to their individual plan of care.
- Working with other staff team members to ensure a happy, clean, and safe environment for your colleagues and any visitors to the home.
- Complete an annual night workers health assessment.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Previous experience working within an elderly care environment desirable but not always necessary.
- Understand care planning process and experience of writing care plans.
- Knowledge of regulatory framework.
Skills and Abilities:
- Develop good and effective relationships with all aspects of the business internally and externally.
- Demonstrate an ability to ensure confidentiality.
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to take a pro-active approach
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent attendance and time keeping record
- Attention to detail
- Flexible approach to work
- Self motivated
Healthcare Homes offer an Employee Assistance Programme which is immediate access to a confidential telephone counselling and legal information service which operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to include support such as financial and family concerns.