Senior Care Assistant
Salary & Benefits
£9.90 per hour
Senior Care Assistant - Nights
Shipdham Manor, Shipdham
Part time hours
Shipdham Manor is situated in the heart of Shipdham, a few miles from the market town of Dereham and designed for the special needs of elderly people with dementia. We are recruiting for a Senior Care Assistant to join the team on Night shifts.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Previous experience working within an elderly care environment.
- Understand care planning process and experience of writing care plans.
- Knowledge of regulatory framework.
- NVQ Level 3 would be desirable, or a willingess to work towards this.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Recognise and facilitate the daily needs of residents.
- Conduct formal supervisions and appraisals.
- Contributing to care planning and coaching care assistants.
- Take an active professional role in promoting the services offered when dealing with relatives, prospective residents and enquiries.
- Participate in updating and writing care plans and resident documentation.
- Be responsible for making and reporting realistic assessments of each resident to ensure continuity of care.
- Be responsible for administrating medication to the residents in accordance with policies and procedures.
This role will include alternate weekend working.