Community Care Team Leader
Salary & Benefits
£9.71 to £10.71per hour plus paid travel time and mileage
Community Care Team Leader - Norwich
Full time position- 20 hours Team Leader and 20 hours Community Care
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing care workers in their daily activities to ensure a consistent quality of service is provided. In addition, the candidate will be required to visit new customers prior to the provision of a homecare package to introduce the company, carry out initial risk assessments and ensure all records and files are in place as well as being an active member of our community care team. The role will be flexible in line with the needs of the business.
Skills and experience of a Team Leader:
- Previous experience working within an elderly care environment or homecare is essential.
- The ability to develop good and effective relationships with all aspects of the business internally and externally.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Flexible approach to work and to manage, prioritise and work to deadlines.
- Excellent IT and communication skills both written and verbal.
- Demonstrate an ability to ensure confidentiality.
- Ability to work as part of a team and problem solve.
- Excellent attendance and time keeping record.
- Hold a full driving licence with access to own vehicle
Community Care Duties (not limited to, though could includes):
- Basic meal preparation
- Assistance with personal grooming; showering/ bathing/ washing
- Helping people get up each morning and go to bed each evening
- Light domestic duties
- Companionship and social calls
- Assistance with toileting
- Shopping either with or for service users
The successful candidate will be required to be an integral part of the on-call phone rota and be prepared to work alternate weekends.
Education and Qualifications:
- Level 2 certificate in team leading / apprenticeship framework is desirable but not essential as an opportunity to undertake this course will be available.
- Level 3 in the following subjects are also desirable but training will be available; assisting and moving, dementia, diabetes, end of life, learning disability, mental capacity act and stroke.
The successful candidate will be required to complete an enhanced DBS.
Manorcourt Homecare is an equal opportunities employer and regulated by the CQC.
This is a fantastic time to join Manorcourt Homecare, as we continue to grow and develop our services. If you have the unique qualities required for this exciting role and want to work with an organisation that provides the type of care you’d expect for your loved ones, we would welcome your application.