Salary & Benefits
£8.72 per hour
19 hours per week
In our 35-bedded home, we offer 24-hour nursing care for those who have complex medical needs. Respite care is also available for those who may benefit from a change of scenery and time to enjoy the company of others.
We are recruiting for a Kitchen Assistant to join the team and support the Head Chef/Cook in the effective operation of the kitchen.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- To wash up all crockery, cutlery and utensils used by the kitchen, residents, staff and visitors.
- To assist with the maintenance of hygiene in the kitchen and the equipment within.
- To ensure basic maintenance/hygiene of all kitchen and dining room equipment to include serving trolleys, place mats, trays and dining room furniture.
- To ensure the cleanliness of the total washing up area to include all the equipment within that area.
- The preparation and delivery of drinks as required by the residents.
- To ensure that all records are maintained to the standards required by Healthcare Homes as well as outside monitoring agencies such as Environmental Health.
- To notify the head chef/cook or manager of any faulty or damaged equipment used by the kitchen staff