Senior Care Assistant - Nights
Blandford Forum, Dorset
Salary & Benefits
£9.50 per hour
Senior Care Assistant
Blandford Grange, Blandford Forum
Night shifts (includes alternate weekend working)
Located in Blandford Forum, Blandford Grange offers residential care and support with or without nursing for up to 63 residents.
We are recruiting for Senior Care Assistants to join our team to supervise and assist our Care Assistants in providing care for our residents.
We can also offer an exciting career development programme opportunity for our Senior Care Assistants to apply to become a Health Care Practitioner (HCP). The professional recognition will provide the potential of enhanced future pathways to Nursing and/or Management. We are seeking applications from enthusiastic and aspiring individuals who are committed to their own personal and professional development.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Previous experience working within an elderly care environment.
- Understand care planning process and experience of writing care plans.
- Knowledge of regulatory framework.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Recognise and facilitate the daily needs of residents.
- Conduct formal supervisions and appraisals.
- Contributing to care planning and coaching care assistants.
- Take an active professional role in promoting the services offered when dealing with relatives, prospective residents and enquiries.
- Participate in updating and writing care plans and resident documentation.
- Be responsible for making and reporting realistic assessments of each resident to ensure continuity of care.
- Be responsible for administrating medication to the residents in accordance with policies and procedures.
Healthcare Homes offer an Employee Assistance Programme which is immediate access to a confidential telephone counselling and legal information service which operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to include support such as financial and family concerns.