Salary & Benefits
£18 per hour
Unit Manager - Oaktree Care Home
£18.00 per hour
36 hours per week, including alternate weekend working
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the team as a Unit Manager. The main responsibility of this role is to support the registered Home Manager with the overall management of nursing care within the home, whilst also promoting and maintaining the highest quality of service for our residents through development of person centred care plans.
Oaktree Care Home is a 78 bed home in Yate. Our provides nursing care for people who live with more complex medical needs, whilst offering residential care for those who need support with everyday activities such as washing, dressing or eating, as well as keeping on top of taking medications. All the staff take great pride in the work that they do and deliver the highest standard of care.
As a Unit Manager you will be responsible for:
- Daily organising of staff, supervision and monitoring of standards and ensure rotas reflect staffing needs across the home.
- Responsible for the induction of new staff and involvement with staff training needs.
- Carrying out the formal staff supervision meetings and ensuring that staff performance action plans are managed to the company standards.
- To ensure that the administrative records are maintained to the standards required by the company.
- To carry out pre-admission and respite assessments and ensure re-admission care plans are updated.
- To ensure that the administration procedures for ordering and dispensing of medication are strictly adhered to.
- To liaise and consult with relatives and other health professionals when devising individual care plans to ensure the plans are person centred, relevant and revised to reflect any changes.
This position is for 36 hours per week and will include alternate weekend working.
*Must have valid NMC PIN