Weekend Kitchen Assistant
Bury St Edmunds
Salary & Benefits
Weekend Kitchen Assistant
When we launched Healthcare Homes in 2005, our main objectives were to create an environment where residents receive the highest standards of care; where dignity is respected; where talents and interests are encouraged; and where life is lived to its fullest potential.
We have remained 100% focused to these objectives, and today continue to deliver the highest quality residential and nursing care to all residents who live in any one of our 45 homes across the South East.
Healthcare Homes prides itself on providing a warm and homely environment for the people we support, and our Catering Team is key to achieving this. This is a role that is central to the daily lives of the people we support and their families, so a caring nature and good people skills are essential alongside a practical ability.
Fornham House is located in Fornham St Martin and is a 73 bed residential care home. They are recruiting for Kitchen Assistants to join their team.
As part of the Catering Team your role will include a variety of tasks to help produce top class food and ensure a high-quality dining experience for our residents. We don't ask for any formal qualifications, but you will be at the very heart of our industry so you are expected to be reliable, dependable and committed to making a difference in our care homes.
Key responsibilities and experience for the Kitchen Assistant opportunity;
- To support the Head Chef/Cook in the effective operation of the kitchen.
- To wash up all crockery, cutlery and utensils used by the kitchen, residents, staff and visitors.
- To ensure basic maintenance/hygiene of all kitchen and dining room equipment to include serving trolleys, place mats, trays and dining room furniture.
- To ensure the cleanliness of the total washing up area to include all the equipment within that area.
- The preparation and delivery of drinks as required by the residents.
- Previous experience working within an elderly care environment is desirable.
- A proven ability to work as part of a team.
- Demonstrate an ability to ensure confidentiality.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to take a pro-active approach.
- Flexible approach to work.
This is a fantastic time to join Healthcare Homes, as we continue to grow and develop our services. If you have the unique qualities required for this exciting role and want to work with an organisation that provides the type of care you’d expect for your loved ones, we would welcome your application.
The successful Kitchen Assistant will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check.
Healthcare Homes is an equal opportunities employer and regulated by CQC.