Salary & Benefits
£8.80 per hour
36 hours per week (includes alternate weekend working)
Home Close, Fulbourn
Located in Fulbourn, Home Close is a 72 bed residential and nursing home. The bright, welcoming purpose built accommodation at Home Close is laid out over two floors with a number of attractive wings. Each wing contains lounge and dining areas as well as kitchen and bathroom facilities. We are recruiting for a Domestic Assistant to join our team.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- To support the delivery of care by ensuring that the daily cleaning duties are carried out in a sensitive way in the resident’s rooms and to a high standard.
- To assist as required with other general cleaning duties in the home.
- Carrying out all cleaning duties to a high standard that meets the expectations of the residents and management.
- Respecting at all times the privacy of residents in their rooms and their property.
- Working with all other staff to ensure a happy, clean, dignified and safe environment for the residents.
- Develop good relationships with residents, relatives and visitors to the home.
- bed making, ensuring vacant rooms are prepared for viewing and admissions, laying and clearing of tables for meals services, caring for plants and flowers around the home, ensuring the home looks presentable at all times for visitors/inspectors.
Healthcare Homes offer an Employee Assistance Programme which is immediate access to a confidential telephone counselling and legal information service which operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to include support such as financial and family concerns.