Bury St Edmunds
Salary & Benefits
£11.35 per hour
This role will be working 7am-7pm on a rota basis including alterative weekends
Fornham House is a care home in Bury St. Edmunds that offers a choice of amenities for tasteful living. At Fornham House we provide residential care for elderly frail and residents who are living with a dementia. Despite the complex needs of our residents we aim to maintain and improve our residents’ abilities so they continue to live their life in a meaningful and fulfilling way.
Fornham House is situated in the picturesque village of Fornham St Martin, just a couple of miles from the centre of Bury St Edmunds. Set in extensive grounds with views over the surrounding countryside, our residents can relax in seating areas surrounded by colourful flower beds and mature trees. The village fete is held on alternate years at the home ensuring our links are maintained with the local community.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Daily organising of staff, supervision and monitoring of standards and ensure rotas reflect staffing needs across the home.
- Responsible for the induction of new staff and involvement with staff training needs.
- Carrying out the formal staff supervision meetings and ensuring that staff performance action plans are managed to the company standards.
- To ensure that the administrative records are maintained to the standards required by the company.
- To carry out pre-admission and respite assessments and ensure re-admission care plans are updated.
- To ensure that the administration procedures for ordering and dispensing of medication are strictly adhered to.
- To liaise and consult with relatives and other health professionals when devising individual care plans to ensure the plans are person centred, relevant and revised to reflect any changes.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Respect the confidentiality of information in line with the requirements of the Data Protection Act at all times.
- Ensure the dignity and respect of every resident is maintained at all times.
- Travel as required within the area and other areas within the company for business and training.
- This list is not exhaustive and you may need to carry out other duties within the remit of the role.
Healthcare Homes offer an Employee Assistance Programme which is immediate access to a confidential telephone counselling and legal information service which operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to include support such as financial and family concerns.