Salary & Benefits
£8.85 per hour
16 hours per week
Overbury House is located in a quiet residential district of Wroxham just a few hundred yards from the beautiful Norfolk Broads, making it one of the tranquil nursing homes in the area. It is a period building, filled with light from its huge bay windows, and sits in its own landscaped grounds that contain mature trees, ornamental shrubs and a beach scene area. The spacious reception rooms have been decorated in keeping with the building’s architectural style and exude warmth and elegance. Over recent years the house has been sympathetically extended to provide tasteful, modern accommodation with all the facilities you might expect in a nursing home of this calibre.
The Activities Assistant with Healthcare Homes is an essential role to support the well-being of our residents. Our ethos is all about celebrating life, so we aim for all our homes to be vibrant, joyful communities with a wide range of stimulating activities and entertainment to suit every taste and ability.
This will be every weekend working flexible shifts
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Planning and facilitating daily, weekly, and monthly events to encourage socialisation, relaxation, and recreation.
- Plan, organise and run a varied and stimulating monthly programme of activities.
- Establish links with, and encourage involvement of the local community in the home, e.g. schools, colleges, religious and voluntary groups and museums.
- Involve relatives in the activity programme and attend relatives’ meetings as appropriate.
- Monitor the effects of the activities programme and write notes on each individual/group activity session undertaken on the activities record sheets.
- Control and maintain stock of materials and resources to facilitate the activities programme.
- Participate in the mandatory training programme required of the home.
Healthcare Homes offer an Employee Assistance Programme which is immediate access to a confidential telephone counselling and legal information service which operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to include support such as financial and family concerns.