Peripatetic Senior Care Assistant - Nights
Covering Ipswich, Stowmarket and Bury St Edmunds
Salary & Benefits
Peripatetic Senior Care Assistant
Night shifts - includes alternate weekends
Covering Stowmarket, Bury St Edmunds and Ipswich
Competitive rate of pay and travel expenses paid
Healthcare Homes delivers the highest quality residential, dementia and nursing care to all residents who live in any one of our 45 homes across the East and South of England. We take great pride in providing tailored care and support to meet the individual needs of each and every person, in a friendly, warm, welcoming and supportive atmosphere.
We are looking for like-minded people to join our Healthcare home family as a Peripatetic Senior Care Assistant. With previous experience working as a Senior Care Assistant, or as a Care Assistant and looking for the next step in your career, you will supervise and assist our teams of Care Assistants in providing personal care to the residents and attend their daily needs.
As you will support our homes in the Stowmarket, Bury St Edmunds and Ipswich areas you must have a full driving licence and access to a vehicle.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Previous experience working within an elderly care environment.
- Understand care planning process and experience of writing care plans.
- Knowledge of regulatory framework.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Recognise and facilitate the daily needs of residents.
- Conduct formal supervisions and appraisals.
- Contributing to care planning and coaching care assistants.
- Take an active professional role in promoting the services offered when dealing with relatives, prospective residents and enquiries.
- Participate in updating and writing care plans and resident documentation.
- Be responsible for making and reporting realistic assessments of each resident to ensure continuity of care.
- Be responsible for administrating medication to the residents in accordance with policies and procedures.
Working with Healthcare Homes Group as a valued member of staff you will receive:
- Excellent induction and training programmes
- Competitive rates of pay
- Guaranteed hours
- Paid travel expenses – 40p per mile for the first 10,000 miles, 25p per mile thereafter
- Workplace pension
- Support with continuous professional development
- Paid annual leave
- Uniforms provided
Healthcare Homes offer an Employee Assistance Programme which is immediate access to a confidential telephone counselling and legal information service which operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to include support such as financial and family concerns.