Public Relations Lead
Salary & Benefits
Public Relations Lead
The key focus of Public Relations Lead will be to lead implementation of media relations and own content across multiple communications platforms. This role would ensure that individual homes and branches are regularly supported by media coverage of significant events related to the homes to help build awareness.
Duties and responsibilities
- To help build awareness of Healthcare Homes and its sub-brands across local and trade media and when possible building opportunities for national media coverage.
- To ensure that individual homes and branches are regularly supported by media coverage of significant events related to the homes to help build awareness, drive enquiries and support recruitment into the homes.
- To generate content ideas and help homes to create and spot opportunities
- Maintaining an up-to-date database of media contacts; records of contact history; reports of media coverage achieved and assessment of the value and impact of coverage achieved on brand awareness, occupancy and recruitment results
- To be the company’s spokesperson to the media delivering messages agreed in advance with the Head of Marketing/COO or CEO, fielding inbound media enquiries and remaining in contact with media during comms episodes.
- To develop copy for media releases, secure photography, obtain local sign-off and Board sign off, issue to and liaise with local media owners
- Organise periodic media training for Healthcare Homes Group media spokespeople, and support them with briefings when engaging with media
- Develop clear guidelines for crisis management and crisis media handling and ensure all affected staff are trained in and kept up-to-date with the guidelines
- To take a calm and informed lead on crisis communications, working with external counsel when circumstances require.
- To develop copy for a range of communications platforms including print collateral, web, social media, internal and external presentations
- To own the content strategy for social media, populating social media sites with copy and re-working locally produced content prior to publication.
- To be highly proactive in researching media opportunities, proposing subject material and making things happen.
Qualifications and Experience
Successful candidates will have experience of Working in an in-house marketing team delivering a full range of marketing support across a multi-site business as well as a positive track record of delivering clear outcomes from media coverage resulting from building strong personal relationships with journalists.
Work will be from an office base at Apex. Occasional travel to homes/branches in the business will be required.
For more information about joining Healthcare Homes watch our recruitment video today!