Senior Care Assistant - Nights
Salary & Benefits
£9.20 per hour
Senior Care Assistant
Nights - 8pm - 8am
Full time hours - includes alternate weekends
Oaklands House is a residential home in Southwold that provides hotel-style accommodation, which makes it an ideal choice for anyone seeking a high quality lifestyle in their later years. The home can accomodate up to 29 residents.
We are recruiting for a Senior Care Assistant to join the team on night shifts.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Previous experience working within an elderly care environment.
- Understand care planning process and experience of writing care plans.
- Knowledge of regulatory framework.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Recognise and facilitate the daily needs of residents.
- Conduct formal supervisions and appraisals.
- Contributing to care planning and coaching care assistants.
- Take an active professional role in promoting the services offered when dealing with relatives, prospective residents and enquiries.
- Participate in updating and writing care plans and resident documentation.
- Be responsible for making and reporting realistic assessments of each resident to ensure continuity of care.
- Be responsible for administrating medication to the residents in accordance with policies and procedures.
Healthcare Homes offer an Employee Assistance Programme which is immediate access to a confidential telephone counselling and legal information service which operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to include support such as financial and family concerns.