Bank Domestic Assistant
Salary & Benefits
£8.96 per hour
Meadow House offers dedicated care for people with a physical disability, specialising in care for people with multiple sclerosis. This purpose built, single storey home was opened in 1989 and has built up an enviable reputation in both the local and wider community for its high-quality care.
Meadow House is situated on the outskirts of the pretty market town of Swaffham, near to a range of shops and amenities. To ensure that residents continue to have an active social life, regular trips are organised in our minibus to the local shops and theatres. If you simply wish for peace and tranquillity, well maintained gardens with raised flower beds surround the Home, allowing you to enjoy a haven from the bustle of the town.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- To support the delivery of care by ensuring that the daily cleaning duties are carried out in a sensitive way in the resident’s rooms and to a high standard.
- To assist as required with other general cleaning duties in the home.
- Carrying out all cleaning duties to a high standard that meets the expectations of the residents and management.
- Respecting at all times the privacy of residents in their rooms and their property.
- Ensuring adherence to the company policies and procedures relevant to this role.
- Reporting any changes in residents’ health or behaviour to the housekeeper or senior care staff on duty.
- Working with all other staff to ensure a happy, clean, dignified and safe environment for the residents.
- Develop good relationships with residents, relatives and visitors to the home.
- Bed making, ensuring vacant rooms are prepared for viewing and admissions, laying and clearing of tables for meals services, caring for plants and flowers around the home, ensuring the home looks presentable at all times for visitors/inspectors.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Ensure the dignity and respect of every resident is maintained at all times.
This list is not exhaustive and you may need to carry out other duties within the remit of the role.
Healthcare Homes offer an Employee Assistance Programme which is immediate access to a confidential telephone counselling and legal information service which operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to include support such as financial and family concerns.