Salary & Benefits
£8.96 per hour (£9.24 per hour on weekends)
Ashley Court, Poole
18 hours per week - covering Saturday, Sunday and Monday
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the team of our care home at Ashley Court home as a Hostess. As part of the Catering Team your role will include providing residents and visitors with beverages and assist with the serving of meals. You are expected to be reliable, dependable and committed to making a difference in our care homes
- Assist with clearing away crockery and utensils that are finished with from residents’ rooms and communal areas.
- Ensure the crockery and utensils are returned to wash up area for cleaning
- Provide clean glasses and jugs of drinking water to refresh residents and visitors.
- To provide a hot drinks service to residents’ rooms and communal areas.
- Prepare the dining room for meal times, ensuring matching tableware, cutlery and condiments at each setting.
- Work with the kitchen staff and chef/cook to assist in the service of meals.
- Prepare hot trolley for lunch delivery to resident’s rooms as required.
- Clear and clean the dining room after the meal is finished ensuring all surfaces and the floor is cleaned and sanitised.
- Reset tables ready for the next meal service, ensuring it is aesthetically welcoming.