Peripatetic Care Assistant
Salary & Benefits
£10 per hour + mileage
Regional Care Assistant - Dorset
36 - 48 hour contract
£10 per hour plus mileage paid at 40p per mile for the first 10,000, then 25p per mile after that.
We are recruiting for a Regional Care Assistant to cover our homes in the Dorset area - covering Blandford Grange in Blandford Forum, The Old Vicarage in Sherborne and Ashley Court in Poole.
The role of the Care Assistant is to support our residents with their everyday needs ensuring emotional and social needs are met. Promoting independence, choice and dignity and assisting where needed with personal care activities such as washing, dressing and meal times. You will be part of daily recreational social activities within groups and one to one.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Assisting residents in bathing, dressing and general mobility in accordance to their individual plan of care.
- Assisting residents in their personal hygiene requirements in accordance to their individual plan of care.
- Assisting residents with their continence requirements in accordance to their individual plan of care.
- Reporting any changes in residents’ health or behaviour to your immediate supervisor.
- Retrieving from and delivering personal laundry to residents’ rooms.
- Working with all other staff to ensure a happy, clean, dignified and safe environment for the residents.
- Ensure all records and documents are updated in accordance with company policy.
- Participate in updating and writing care plans and resident documentation.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Previous experience working within an elderly care environment essential.
- Understand care planning process and experience of writing care plans.
- Knowledge of regulatory framework.
- Full driving licence and access to a vehicle.
You will be required to work day and night shifts, including weekends, at the requirements of the homes.