Bank General Assistant
Walcot Green, Diss
Salary & Benefits
£9.39 per hour
General Assistant - Bank Hours Contract
Walcot Hall, Walcot Green, Dis
Walcot Hall is set in over 3 acres of well-kept lawns and gardens. The home, in recent years extended and refurbished, provides nursing, pallative and respite care for up to 42 residents.
They are recruiting for a General Assistant to join their team on a bank hours contract. In this role you will help assist and cover in your Laundry, Domestic and Kitchen teams.
Responsibilities will include:
- Carry out all cleaning duties to a high standard that meet the expectations of the residents and management.
- Ensure all health and safety rules (COSHH) are strictly adhered to.
- Follow universal infection control precautions.
- Follow universal waste control precautions.
- Assist with clearing away crockery and utensils that are finished with from residents’ rooms and communal areas.
- Ensure the crockery and utensils are returned to wash up area for cleaning
- Provide clean glasses and jugs of drinking water to refresh residents and visitors.
- To provide a hot drinks service to residents’ rooms and communal areas.
- Liaise with the Home Manager, residents and visitors regarding refreshments they would like and serve them.
- Prepare the dining room for meal times, ensuring matching tableware, cutlery and condiments at each setting.
Healthcare Homes offer an Employee Assistance Programme which is immediate access to a confidential telephone counselling and legal information service which operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to include support such as financial and family concerns.