Maintanence Assistant - Aldringham Court
Salary & Benefits
£11.00 per hour
8 hours per week
£11 per hour
Aldringham Court is a unique ‘art nouveau’ building set in three acres of well-maintained gardens and woodland. Surrounded by spectacular rhododendron bushes, the grounds abound in wildlife with doves, pheasants and even muntjacs. The spacious accommodation includes a beautiful conservatory overlooking the woodland setting, dining room and a quiet reading room.
This is one day per week with an 8 hour shift.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that the home is kept visually in good order.
- Ensure all maintenance checks are carried out in accordance with established procedures.
- Maintain records of all maintenance checks in the appropriate documentation schedules.
- Report any maintenance issues to the Home Manager.
- Painting and redecoration of all areas within the home as requested by the Home Manager and per the maintenance schedules.
- Plumbing as required including sinks, toilets, drains, washing machines.
- Ensure that basic electrical maintenance is carried out safely, eg changing of light bulbs, replacing correct amperage plug fuses etc.
- Maintain confidentiality to all residents and clients at all times.
- Respect the confidentiality of information in line with the requirements of the Data Protection Act at all times.
- Travel as required within the area and other areas within the company for business and training.
- This list is not exhaustive and you may need to carry out other duties within the remit of the role.
Healthcare Homes offer an Employee Assistance Programme which is immediate access to a confidential telephone counselling and legal information service which operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to include support such as financial and family concerns.