Care Assistant - Days
Salary & Benefits
£9.44 per hour
Care Assistant – Day
Beaumont Park, Biggleswade
We are offering a Golden Handshake of up to £600 to all new Care Assistants who join our home with a £100 payment in your first months salary (subject to terms and condition).
Set in the town of Biggleswade, Beaumont Park is located in an idyllic position with extensive landscaped gardens; a feature that distinguishes it from other care homes in Bedfordshire. Beaumont Park can accomodate up to 46 residents and is a nursing and residential care home.
- The Hours for this role are- 8am till 8pm.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Assisting residents in bathing, dressing and general mobility in accordance to their individual plan of care.
- Assisting residents in their personal hygiene requirements in accordance to their individual plan of care.
- Assisting residents with their continence requirements in accordance to their individual plan of care.
- Reporting any changes in residents’ health or behaviour to your immediate supervisor.
- Retrieving from and delivering personal laundry to residents’ rooms.
- Working with all other staff to ensure a happy, clean, dignified and safe environment for the residents.
- Ensure all records and documents are updated in accordance with company policy.
- Participate in updating and writing care plans and resident documentation.
- Assist with general cleaning, tidying and kitchen duties.
Specific Day Duties:
- Assisting in the provision of meals as appropriate.
- Participate in the planning and organisation of social activities within the daily routine.
- Develop good relations with all relatives and visitors.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Previous experience working within an elderly care environment desirable but not always necessary.
- Understand care planning process and experience of writing care plans.
- Knowledge of regulatory framework.
Skills and Abilities:
- Develop good and effective relationships with all aspects of the business internally and externally.
- Demonstrate an ability to ensure confidentiality.
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to take a pro-active approach
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent attendance and time keeping record
- Attention to detail
- Flexible approach to work
- Self motivated
For more information about joining Healthcare Homes watch our recruitment video today!