Walcot Green, Diss
Salary & Benefits
£9.15 per hour
Walcot Hall, Walcot Green, Dis
Walcot Hall is set in over 3 acres of well-kept lawns and gardens. We provide exemplary nursing, palliative and respite care for up to 42 residents.
The old hall was built in the 19th century and has been extended and refurbished over recent years to provide a variety of comfortable rooms.
We are recruiting for an Activities Assistant to join our team on a bank hours contract.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Planning and facilitating daily, weekly, and monthly events to encourage socialisation, relaxation, and recreation.
- Plan, organise and run a varied and stimulating monthly programme of activities.
- Establish links with, and encourage involvement of the local community in the home, e.g. schools, colleges, religious and voluntary groups and museums.
- Involve relatives in the activity programme and attend relatives’ meetings as appropriate.
- Monitor the effects of the activities programme and write notes on each individual/group activity session undertaken on the activities record sheets.
- Control and maintain stock of materials and resources to facilitate the activities programme.
- Participate in the mandatory training programme required of the home.
Healthcare Homes offer an Employee Assistance Programme which is immediate access to a confidential telephone counselling and legal information service which operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to include support such as financial and family concerns.