Salary & Benefits
£9.29 per hour
Sovereign Lodge, Eastbourne
This role will be working on Saturdays.
Sovereign Lodge is designed for modern living for older people with nursing and dementia care needs. The home provides a warm, friendly and welcoming environment. We are recruiting for an Activities Assistant to work Saturdays in the home. You will also be responsible for co-ordinating all the visits to the home and logging all the lateral flow tests.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Planning and facilitating daily, weekly, and monthly events to encourage socialisation, relaxation, and recreation.
- Plan, organise and run a varied and stimulating monthly programme of activities.
- Establish links with, and encourage involvement of the local community in the home, e.g. schools, colleges, religious and voluntary groups and museums.
- Involve relatives in the activity programme and attend relatives’ meetings as appropriate.
- Monitor the effects of the activities programme and write notes on each individual/group activity session undertaken on the activities record sheets.
- Control and maintain stock of materials and resources to facilitate the activities programme.
- Participate in the mandatory training programme required of the home.
Healthcare Homes offer an Employee Assistance Programme which is immediate access to a confidential telephone counselling and legal information service which operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to include support such as financial and family concerns.