Gorleston, Great Yarmouth
Salary & Benefits
£9.70 per hour
The Gables, Great Yarmouth
28 hours per week
The Gables is a care home in Gorleston, Norfolk that offers residential care in a beautiful Victorian mansion with large rooms and a wealth of fine architectural detail such as the ornate door architraves. The homes can accomodate up to 34 residents. We are recruiting for a Chef to join our team on a part time contract.
Skills and experience for the Chef opportunity;
- Previous experience working as a professional Chef/Cook within an elderly care environment is desirable.
- Experience of designing and cooking nutritionally balanced meals incorporating any specific dietary requirements.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- An ability to take a pro-active approach.
- Excellent attendance and time keeping record.
- Being able to work flexible hours across all shifts.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- To ensure that the delivery of meals meets the residents individual plan of care in order that any special dietary or meal presentation wishes are accommodated.
- To maintain adequate stocks to enable all kitchen staff to have the necessary supplies needed to meet their menu requirements.
- To ensure the strict adherence to the health and safety within the kitchen areas.
- To ensure that the appropriate temperature checks are adhered to.
Healthcare Homes offer an Employee Assistance Programme which is immediate access to a confidential telephone counselling and legal information service which operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to include support such as financial and family concerns.